Monday, December 31, 2012

Coming in 2013

Over the past few months, I've had quite a bit of time to devote to writing, so a number of projects are in the works.  Here's a list of what I hope to have see the light of day in 2013:



Twisted Tales for Twisted Minds: a motley collection of short stories that should disturb even the most stable of readers.  The writing and cover are finished; all that remains is conversion to e-formats.  This one should hopefully be commercially available in the first few months of the year.



Zombie Gras: a prequel to Flesh Eaters set during the first days of the zombie plague.  Zombie Gras takes place in New Orleans and serves as a metaphor for the strife caused by Hurricane Katrina.  This novelette is complete, and I hope to have cover art for it squared away in the next few weeks.  With any luck, Zombie Gras will be available in time for the 2013 Mardi Gras season.

Unseen Residents: a tale of the struggles of marginalized magical household creatures.  Approximately 25% complete.

Death: the Travelogues: the travel diaries of a serial possessor.  Approximately 15% complete.

Sanguine Dream: coming to terms with vampirism.  10% complete.

Subliminal Debris (working title): the collective unconsciousness has begun to unravel, and reality is coming loose at its seams.  There is one man who may be able to preserve the consciousness of mankind, but it is likely to cost him his life... This story is something I've been working on, a little at at time, off and on, for a decade.  It has had about a dozen titles so far.  35% complete.  

Festering: a mutation of the zombie infection creates a hybrid zombie.  Alive but already rotting, with diminished motor skills and brain function, these outcasts are the victims of severe social stigma.  However, they may be the key to ending the zombie plague.  I have this story in mind as my concluding zombie novella.  It is still in the planning stages.

Demented Tales for Demented Minds: my next collection of depraved short stories and flash fiction.  Also still in the planning stages.

These are the projects with which I will occupy myself in the new year -- with any luck, I'll continue to successfully distract myself from the dismal state of my life.


Have a wonderful New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment