Thursday, June 28, 2012

Panel Q & A: Part 1

Q: Your second zombie book, Making the Best of the Zombie Apocalypse, will be released soon.  Does it pick up where Flesh Eaters left off?



A: No, my zombie novellas are not a series in the traditional sense.  Each one is a self-contained story.  They can be read independently and in any order.  However, they all occur in the same universe, so the underlying principles, such as how the dead behave, will remain consistent throughout all of the stories.  


Q: Do you consider yourself exclusively a horror writer?



No.  All of my writing does tend to contain horrific elements, but that's just a natural byproduct of my twisted psyche.  I love writing about zombies, but I don't want to exclusively write about one thing or write only in one genre.  
Daydreams of Seppuku (slated for release in July) is very different in style from other things I have written, and it contains symbolism and other literary elements.  It's a far more "serious" work.  
Other stories on which I'm currently working also vary widely.  Unseen Residents is satirical fantasy, for instance.  Subliminal Schism (working title) would probably be classified as science fiction.  I just write about what interests me and let the pieces fall where they may.   

No comments:

Post a Comment